SENIOR SUPPORT WORKER
£25,000 per annum; full time
We seek a senior support worker to oversee support planning for our tenants and help manage a small committed team, as deputy to the manager. The role includes about 10 hours administrative work. There is no personal care.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about maintaining a homely and engaging atmosphere in the house, and also supporting the development of work-related skills at our resource centre, The Cube. We aim to take a strengths based approach. We seek a creative, empathic person who is professional and knowledgeable, with:
- a good understanding of supporting adults with learning disabilities and autism;
- the ability to plan and implement person-centred support plans;
- good knowledge of Health and Social Care core policies;
- excellent communication skills;
- competence in risk management;
- computer literacy and good written communication;
- experience of team management;
- administration skills, including rota planning.
A minimum of one year’s experience working with people with learning disabilities is essential and a relevant qualification is desirable (e.g. level 2/3 NVQ in Health and Social Care). Some unsocial hours are required; we work a 40 hour week.
We offer a salary of £25,000 per annum; a NEST pension scheme; training and career development opportunities in a growing organisation; a friendly and attractive working environment.
For further information and application form, email:
Application deadline: 20/6/21